Luznica – people of Croatia

The delightfully happy face of Sister Berislava welcomes us to our next stop at the Spiritual Education Centre of Mary’s Court at Lužnica – a long name which tells a story. Lužnica, we’re told, means ash heap and stems from the brook nearby where women in days gone by did their laundry using ash as a detergent. Mary’s Court obviously points to the Holy Virgin while the SEC indicates the new building which is used to house visitors for conferences, seminars, retreats and just as a haven of rest. She’s animated and full of passion in her exposés of the family Rauch from Germany that built this magnificent structure in 1791 (there’s an engraved step to prove it) and filled it with family and friends on joyous occasions. Luznica

DSC00779

DSC00774